Monday, November 28, 2011

Air-con compressor in a diesel car does not trip?

Air-con compressor in a diesel car does not trip?

I own a Ritz VDI and this is my first diesel car. Initially i owned a Santro petrol and Wagon R petrol. I used to notice that whenever I kept the blower on 1 or 2 position, the compressor used to cut-off automatically. I'm sure this has a positive effect on mileage too.

But off-late i have noticed that the A/c of my Diesel Ritz does not trip even when the blower is on 1 position. I took the car to the service station, and the service person confirmed that the A/c does not trip in diesel vehicles as opposed to petrol.

Can the experts please comment if this is true and in this case, is there any point in keeping the blower on minimum to improve the FE ?

No comments:

Post a Comment