Thursday, November 24, 2011

Bangalore Traffic Police post accident videos on FB -Hope people follow traffic rules

Bangalore Traffic Police post accident videos on FB -Hope people follow traffic rules

Saw on the news yesterday - The Bangalore police released a CCTV footage showing the miraculous escape of a biker after being hit by a car on a busy road.The video has been posted on the FB page of Bangalore Traffic Police.

Seems like the Bangalore Traffic police has come up with a unique traffic awareness program. They have posted several videos of accidents on social networking sites so that these videos can act as a warning to people and they realize that not following traffic rules can lead to disasters.

I have been transferred to Bangalore and have been hearing about Bangalore traffic from my friends and colleagues. I will be in Bangalore shortly and frankly, I am a bit worried about driving in Bangalore after hearing all the stories!!

My view is that only posting the videos by the police on social networking sites is not enough. I am sure Bangalore Traffic Police is doing what they can to control and manage traffic but I think Self Awareness contributes very highly in these situations. Unless people realize, there is no solution to the problem......

Would be glad to hear people's views on this....

No comments:

Post a Comment