Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Need Advice on Tweaking a Royal Enfield Bullet

Need Advice on Tweaking a Royal Enfield Bullet

Hello Team,

Attachment 846308

Here is my father's early 80's Bullet. Its not really been used much so I decided to take over :D. It was overhauled sometime ago, while I was studying in the Amreeka, so couldnt really influence anything...
Now I need your help... I have issues with the ride height. Although, I can still ride, its not to my liking. Also I feel the gap between the wheel and the mudguard looks completely out of place.

So here are the problem areas I need to sort out:
1>
Attachment 846309
How can I reduce the gap between the wheel and the mudguard? I noticed the assembly is an individual piece which connects to the chassis and the mudguard. In that case, can I get a different assembly which has a lower curvature?

2>
Another issue I feel is the seat. Im planning to get the stock two piece seat assembly from the new Classic350/500. Will this help lower the ride height? The seat looks a little low profile but I cant really make out from the pictures.

3>
Attachment 846310
I feel they have changed the handle bar as well... Its bent upwards and I dont think thats how the stock handle is supposed to be.

4>
I want to upgrade the rear drum brakes and get a disk brake assembly for the front.
Also whats the widest rear tyre I can get for a good balance between stability and performance? Are the stock Classic350/500 tyres good enough?

I am eagerly waiting for your tips/suggestions. Also I am from Pune and would appreciate any references to good mechanics/workshops who can help me out with these tweaks and source the parts as required...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version  Name:	res1.jpg Views:	N/A Size:	687.5 KB ID:	846308  

Click image for larger version  Name:	res2.jpg Views:	N/A Size:	551.8 KB ID:	846309  

Click image for larger version  Name:	res3.jpg Views:	N/A Size:	558.0 KB ID:	846310  

No comments:

Post a Comment