Tuesday, December 20, 2011

EVM Volkswagen Kochi

EVM Volkswagen Kochi

Hi all, just thinking of starting a new thread for EVM Volkswagen Kochi. Its interesting to note that EVM hold the exclusive volkswagen dealerships for Kochi, Tvm and Kottayam besides a few other marquees as well (Nissan I believe is another). As I am not a fan of exclusive dealerships, we need to keep an eye on them, to keep them on their toes.
Anyway, going on to the task at hand,
I bought my Vento trendline from EVM Trivandrum about a month ago and have done about 2000 odd kms. On a trip to Wayanad last week, my car had a slight disagreement with a truck and has come off a bit worse in the argument:Frustrati
As we were in the wrong, and nothing had happened to the truck, it only remained to get my Vento back in shape stupid:
I've handed my car in for necessary repairs and a few other things I wanted checked out.
Damage:
Scratch and dent (fairly) extensive on left rear panel and extending a small way onto the rear door. Should have taken pics, but unfortunately I didn't :P.
Getting in touch:
I called the contact number for the service point of contact and explained the situation following which I was put through to the body shop contact. I was immediately asked to come over sometime during the day so that they can inspect the damage. I talked to the in charge, Prasad. The communication was prompt, courteous and inspired some confidence.
I drove the car over in the afternoon and met with Prasad who took a look at the damage and said it would involve repainting the panel and the door and would probably come to around 12K. He advised me to claim it under insurance and said it would take about 4 days – give on Tue morning/Mon evening and get it back on Saturday. As I wanted the mirrors/door handles painted while the car was in the workshop they would do that too. I had a few other things I wanted them to check out that I prepared as a list.
Handing over the car:
I gave the car to them on Monday afternoon. Prasad deputed a boy to work with me (Vinu).
Took a look at the damage with Vinu. He appears a bit offhand and I'm not quite sure of him, but I like the velvet fist and also believing in giving a chance so I'll check the quality of the work.
The list I gave him is given below and the actions against.
- Accident damage
o Signed insurance forms and handed over the papers.
- Slight glovebox rattle
o Will be checked out.
- Front power windows don't work sometimes
o Will be checked out.
- Check wheel alignment (wayanad trip + jolt)
o Said it shouldn't be a problem, but I wanted it done. He said he would, but I'm not convinced.
- Paint mirrors and door handles
o Should be done.
- Interior cleaning
o Should be done
- Fog lamps – I wanted the rectangular ones.
o The regular ones cost 17K. The rectangular are aftermarket ones. I decide against it
- Chrome strips on the grill have rust
o Says they are plastic ones, wont rust. I explained that there certainly is a rust like substance. He said he will check.
- Oil level says half way between min and max. Level has dropped
o Says half is better to prevent oil being sucked into the turbo. It sounds like a load of bull, but as I know that is a feature of the TDI, I keep quiet
Initial Impression: Slightly concerned, but wait and watch
Likes:
  • Quick and painless
  • Promptly attended
  • Courteous
Grouches:
  • Has not updated my list into the jobcard.
  • Patronizing attitude
  • Had me sign blank insurance forms including acceptance of the claim adjustance. I will certainly ask for a copy of the completed one.
  • Responses to rattles and other issues are not encouraging. I'll have to wait and see how well they deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment