Over 50% of Indian women feel unsafe on Indian roads
- According to a recently conducted NAVTEQ-TNS Survey, over 50% of Indian women feel unsafe on Indian roads. The study was done across key metropolitan cities in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata and included a total of 606 female participants between the ages of 18 and 45.
- 51% of Indian women surveyed feel unsafe travelling on Indian roads, and an overwhelming 73% of the women surveyed expressed fear for their physical safety when travelling at night.
- Delhi is ranked as the city in which women feel least comfortable traveling alone.
- Only 7% of the women surveyed viewed Mumbai as unsafe.
- Kolkata women feel safer than those in Delhi and Chennai.
- Chennai is viewed as being safer than Delhi, but not as safe as Mumbai.