Monday, November 7, 2011

Fozzie gets new ICE!

Fozzie gets new ICE!

It all started with a innocuous visit to Driven to get some Dynamat/Roadkill to damp out some of the road noise coming from the hatch area in my Forester.
I was also in the middle of my CarPC project and was looking for a cheap|nice|;) 4 channel amplifier to power the speakers.
I bought some Stinger Roadkill and enquired about the various options available with them. Mentioned the CarPC and was told that I should be speaking to Gunbir to get better advice.

Met Gunbir the very next day and discussed the carpc and various amplifier options. However, one thing led to another and before I knew it I was looking at upgrading the whole ICE in my car.

Although my shopping list kept changing almost everyday for the next month, my requirements were simple and static.
I needed a couple of sweet sounding components up front, a sub or two in the hatch area and a good amp to drive them all.
The only pre requisite was that I did not want to lose any storage space in the hatch and the sub/amp/speakers should not be in open view.


This is how the spec sheet looks currently:

1) Source: CarPC | Asus Xonar D2X
2) Front: Dynaudio Esotec 242GT
2) Sub: ID8V3 D2
5) Amp: Mosconi AS 100.4
6) RCA: Gladen Interconnects | Neutric 3.5mm Connector
7) Damping: Stnger Extreme Roadkill | Dynaliner | Dynamat Extreme
8) Power Cable: Rockford Fosgate 4AWG
9) SpeakerCable: Van den Hul - The Twin

Some pics of the goodies going in:

Attachment 838720
Attachment 838721
Attachment 838722
Attachment 838723
Attachment 838724
Attachment 838725
Attachment 838727
Attachment 838728

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0382a.jpg Views:	N/A Size:	68.1 KB ID:	838725  

Attached Images
       

No comments:

Post a Comment