Saturday, November 5, 2011

How do I receive Doordarshan, the 1980s way?

How do I receive Doordarshan, the 1980s way?

A few months back, our family got rid of our cable tv connection as it was taking away a lot of our time and wasn't adding anything much of value. Since then, we've not missed it much. Sure, we initially wandered about wondering what to do without flipping channels and turning off our minds to the senseless programming. With time, we found other pass times and as a bonus also got a lot of work done around the house. I bought a USB media player that can read off of USB drives and play movies, and that has kept our rare movie itch satisfied. For everything else, we have the Internet!

However, we're starting to think if getting Doordarshan reception would be a good idea so we could stay in touch with news and national sports. However, the all encompassing Internet didn't have any information about doing so the traditional 'antenna' way.

Sure, I could get DD Direct+ DTH and receive far more free-to-air channels but I don't need them and I'd hate to own more 'stuff'. The antenna, is much less prone to dying, behaving weirdly, or some such issue that would plague electronics. One channel would be sufficient.

So, is there anybody still here that watches TV the way they did in the '80s ? If so, can you shed some light on the setup, etcetera? I live bang in the city so I hope reception would be good.

As a final touch, HERE is a video clipping from the 1976 movie "Network" that is as valid today as it was then.

No comments:

Post a Comment