Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gir Forest - rendezevous with the Lion King

Gir Forest - rendezevous with the Lion King

I've plans to visit Mumbai sometime in the end of April 2012 to attend a wedding. Needless to say that the journey would be by road.

The route obviously will be the NH8 throughout and I intend to spend a couple of days in Daman enroute.

Gir has been on my radar for quite sometime, so I intend to leave a few days earlier and visit the sanctuary.

The tentative plan that is germinating is somewhat as under:

Day 1 - ETD 03:00: Gurgaon to Ahmedabad via Ajmer (Dargah darshan), Udaipur and night halt (Ramky to help). Is it possible/doable (900 Kms)?

Question route options:

1st option: Ajmer - Bhilwara - Chittorgarh - Udaipur - Ahmedabad

2nd option: Ajmer - Beawar - Deogarh - Rajsamand - Udaipur - Ahmedabad

3rd option: Ajmer - Beawar - Pali - Mt. Abu - Udaipur - Ahmedabad

Day 2 - ETD 07:00: Ahmedabad to Gir via Rajkot & Junagarh.

3 days in the sanctuary with approx 6 safaris.

Question 1: Lodging options at Gir (preferably FRH), how do I book for the safaris & gypsies, any other useful related information?

Question 2: To proceed to Daman do I have to retrace my steps back to NH 8 at Ahmedabad or is there any decent route that connects me to NH 8 or to Daman?

No comments:

Post a Comment