Tuesday, November 22, 2011

How do you improve an Ikon's brakes??


How do you improve an Ikon's brakes??

I have read on TBHP about the poor braking ability of the Ikon, specially the earlier models. Since I bought my Ikon 1.6, I have experienced firsthand how the brakes feel. While the pedal was very heavy in the beginning, the feel has improved since the brake oil change. However there's still a lot to be desired.

On a slope with the engine switched off, the footbrakes are ineffective in stopping the car from rolling backwards, even if the slope is gentle. Does this indicate the pads and liners need replacement?

While on the move, the brakes are clearly inadequate for high speeds, and even when speeds are in 60s, I am not sure the brakes will stop the car in time to avoid a collision, and so I am nervous as well as cautious.

What is the root cause of the poor braking performance? Is it the pads/liners? Is it something else?

And what is the solution for it?




No comments:

Post a Comment