Saturday, November 19, 2011

Safari VX ICE accessory

Safari VX ICE accessory

Hi Everyone,

My new Tata Safari VX 4*4 is to be delivered this coming week. As far as the ICE is concerned, the OEM is Alpine with model number DVA 9861E. It does not have USB or Aux In ports. They are providing an Alpine wire for connecting ipods. This wire connects to the back of the system and you can connect your ipod with it.

Unfortunately I do not use an ipod, but I have a Philips Go Gear which I use in my Fiesta. Its got an Aux out, so therefore I needed an Aux In port for the Safari.

After a lot of search I found Alpine as a cable with model number KCE 236b which again connects to the back of the DVA 9861E system (10 pin) and with an Auxilliary jack at the other end which I can plug into my GoGear.

Unfortunately I cannot find this cable (KCE 236b) anywhere. I tried searching online but not available. There is one available from the US, but its fake and its a 4 pin one instead of a 10pin. Someone on team bhp had bought it and it never worked.

Can anyone give me any idea what to do? Is there any official Alpine dealer in Delhi from where I can buy it? Or is there any accessory shop where I can find this cable?

I am adding the link of the website where you can see the cable that I am looking for. Alpine*-*Aux-in*-*KCE-236B

Any suggestions would be helpful. Dont want to buy an ipod now just for this, when I already have the GoGear.

Regards,

Sourav

No comments:

Post a Comment