Friday, November 18, 2011

Bike crashed due to Garware dealer's negligence

Bike crashed due to Garware dealer's negligence

My name is Melroy Alphonso staying at Mumbai.I had purchsed a ruby red Hyosung GT650R from Ronit Motors,Mumbai in the month of June,2011.I was one of the first customers in Mumbai to city to purchase the bike.
Garware Motors has sponsered a endurance ride to complete distance of 2400kms in 24/36hrs.They had made a part payment of Rs10,000 for doing the sponsered ride.


My ride was Mumbai to Jaipur and back and the scheduled date was 10th November 9am.Before the ride on 9th Nov,Amit Keswani supervised by bike being checked and also got the bike washed at Ronit Motors workshop.There was a problem after the wash and the bike FI light started blinking,the problem came up as a fauty gear position indicator and it was duly replaced.


I set out on my ride Thursday 10th morning.Sheikh muzzamil(workshop manager,Ronit motors),Vishal Punjabi(nephew owner,Ronit Motors) and Amit Keswani(Technical engineer,Garware motors) was present along with my family member and friends.My ride from Mumbai to Surat was smooth,went ahead passing Ahmedabad and then at Gandhinagar after refuelling from the petrol pump.I felt like the rear tyre was slipping and I slowly parked the bike on the side and contacted Mr Amit Keswani.I also informed him that earlier during the day,the bike had tilted and fallen on the right hand side while negotiaitng a turn.The fuel leaking stopped and I started my bike again,going little ahead the same problem happened and I slowly stopped the bike on the side of the road.Thankfully I had come to a small village area and the store owner helped me out by calling a mechanic.The mechanic Mr.Iqbal arrived and he pushed the bike to the workshop.The roadside mechanic was in constant touch with Mr Amit K thr! ough phone calls on how to rectify the problem.After getting it checked ,the mechanic came along with his scooter following me on my bike to check whether there is leakage happening again.And yes It did for the third time.Again the mechanic was in talks with Mr.Amit K and the problem seemed to be the bike's faulty fuel pump.Mr Amit K was in talks with Dhwanish Patel(sales incharge,RC motors).They asked me to get my bike to RC motors,Ahmedabad.After making arrangement myself I loaded the bike on to a pickup vehicle and took the bike back 50kms plus from Ghandinagar area to the showroom.
The owner Mr H.K was present along with two mechanic(Arif & Mahindra) and he greeted me and treated me well.The mechanic stated working on the bike and the replaced the bike's fuel pump.The dealer's mechanic(Mahindra) took the bike for a test and made a "U"turn to the other side of the road and raced the bike so fast that the engine noise was very loud.Barely 5-10secs after racing the bike he hit the the divider,further going ahead and hitting the pole.He didn't bother to wear a helmet.After getting the mechanic admitted and hour later he died.I took a air flight Friday afternoon 3pm at my own expense after informing Mr Amit K & Mr Shivpadia Ray and came back to Mumbai,I also informed them that my bike is lying at RC motors showroom badly damaged.


Now,I'm stuck the bike which is damaged from all sides very badly.Mr Amit Keswani(Technical engineer at Garware motors) says it's my fault that the bike's fuel pump was damaged because I had dropped the bike earlier during the day.Mr Sachin BHaiyya(Brand manager/Mktg manager at Garware motors) says I should claim insurance on the bike.Mr Shivapadia Ray(General Manager,sales& marketing at Garware motors)spoke very rudely on the phone and had a argument.MR Dwanish Patel(sales manager at RC motors,Ahmedabad) says that it's my fault that they have lost a mechanic.

No comments:

Post a Comment