Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gifted our baby i20 Diesel Asta 5 speed a Race Dynamics Dieseltronics

Gifted our baby i20 Diesel Asta 5 speed a Race Dynamics Dieseltronics

Yesterday I bought the famed RD tuning box called popularly as Dieseltronics cost 19K grand , today as usual did my office trip which is located at south B'lore, wow really appreciate on how much the turbo lag has decreased , this box has 4 options 1. Stock ECU mapping , 2. Economy mode with more refined engine performance and reduction in turbo spike 3. P1 for slight increase in power and torque delivery , 4. P2 for a phenomenal increase in power and delivery , though the they claim at upto 40% increase in torque & power in P2 mode but yet to test this on highways or nice road , gear shift in P1 mode has become very easy like earlier I used to downshift a lot , today in some stretches I could manage in 3 rd gear itself , the economy mode is expected to improve the mileage by upto 20% ,will wait and see the results.
Also found that I could manage sizeable speedbreakers on 2nd gear which earlier had to downshift to 1st gear , I have about 3K on the Odo reading till date. Will definitely post mileage results , as with stock ECU I am getting about 15Km/ltr. Fellow bhpians pls comment , I will post the pictures next week about the kit

No comments:

Post a Comment