Monday, December 5, 2011

Kairali Ford - Rs.25,000 for an Ikon Wiring Harness?

Kairali Ford - Rs.25,000 for an Ikon Wiring Harness?

I serviced my 2001 Ford Ikon Zxi (1.6) at Kairali Ford Kottayam on Dec 5, 2011. The service advisor was polite and since there was practically nothing wrong with the car, the process was smooth.

As part of my inspection, before handing over the car to the SA, I noticed that the plastic sheath on the engine wiring harness had become brittle and broken off in bits, exposing the wires inside (not bare wires though). I asked the service advisor to have the harness wrapped in electrical tape (not sure this is the best method but I didn't have any alternative, since the plastic sheath was not available as a part.)

Then, I casually asked the SA what would be the cost if I replaced the entire wiring harness and he said Rs.25,000 (with some sensor attached to it) but the part had to be ordered. I was shocked. A 2 feet piece of wire with a couple of connectors for Rs.25,000???

Anyway I have written to Ford, trying to verify whether this is indeed the cost of the part, or the dealer is trying to add a huge markup.

Have any T-BHPians owning Fords replaced this wiring harness, and if so, did you get a similar price from the dealer?
Any feedback from other T-BHPians are welcome, because if it is indeed Rs.25,000/-, I shudder at Ford's pricing policies.

No comments:

Post a Comment