Monday, December 5, 2011

Tubeless Tyres - What to do when an old puncture starts leaking again?

Tubeless Tyres - What to do when an old puncture starts leaking again?

Hi All,

I have an issue with my Michelin MXV8. I noticed that one of the tyres was loosing air pressure every couple of days. I got it checked this weekend and found that there were 3 (very small) punctures in the tyre. Out of these 2 were new and the third one was an old one leaking. The tyre shop told me that they cannot fix the leaking puncture and I will have to use a tube in the tyre. :Shockked:

I got the 2 new punctures repaired and left the leaking one as it is, since i did not find it safe to use a tube in the tubeless tyres.

Can someone please advise what is the best solution in this case?

My tyres have atleast 10k km(if not more) of life left in them.

Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment