Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Vanakkam & Namaskaaram from Chennai

Vanakkam & Namaskaaram from Chennai

What a roller-coaster ride it has been - the last few weeks. Getting an admit for my higher studies, fights with the Mahindra dealer for my XUV, then taking delivery of the "Red Dragon", driving it all the way to Kerala the very next day and falling ill for a week! :Frustrati But the icing on the cake was the mail that said "Team-BHP Membership APPROVED!" My second attempt at Team-BHP membership and I've been granted admission to this coveted forum! I was grinning away to glory despite the high fever and cold!

A bit about myself – I'm Nithin and I hail from the land of lungi – Kerala. I've been part of the great Indian IT Industry for the last 9 years and have spent most of that time in Chennai, my current place of residence (so currently being torn apart by the Mullaperiyar issue!). Had my share of fun in the USA and in Delhi-NCR as well.

My passion for cars started in my childhood, thanks to "KITT" of the "Knight Rider" series. The first car I drove was my dad's Premier Padmini (a far cry from "KIT", but a nice car nonetheless). I slowly graduated to a Maruti 1000, then a Ford Ikon Zxi (2000) and later to a Honda City (2005). Bought a Santro on my own in 2006 and been in love with it ever since. As family grew (read as wife and a puppy), started feeling the need for a bigger vehicle and the search that lasted for almost 2 years ended in the XUV500 (Ownership report to follow soon).

I've been a silent follower of Team-BHP ever since my search for a new car started and I have to say that this forum has renewed my confidence and passion to drive on Indian roads. I hope to contribute positively to the forum.

Will be back soon with the Ownership report of the XUV500. Till then, drive happy and drive safe…


-- Nithin

No comments:

Post a Comment