Thursday, November 24, 2011

From Pune to Bangalore on a single tank (well almost!)

From Pune to Bangalore on a single tank (well almost!)

I drove from Pune to Bangalore and back. The road is amazing ! Smooth and clear. The weather helped too - no rains, not too hot.
The only thing that I missed was lack of good food venues on the way.

Time Taken:
12 Hours - Pune to Bangalore + 3 Hours :Shockked: to destination in Bangalore
Reverse - 2 hours to get out of Bangalore and 12 hours to Pune

I took minimal coffee and necessary breaks.

Vehicle: Tata Manza (ABS)

When I started, I had my tank full, and as is the practice in India, perhaps +1 litre after the tank is full. My display showed 850 KM odd as the range so I thought, lets try to do it on a single tank. Well, I almost did it. When the vehicle showed 70 KM as the remaining range, with 60 km of journey left, I decided not to take a chance and got a refill.

No comments:

Post a Comment