Thursday, December 1, 2011

Horrifying experience @ Vishvakarma Motors (authorized TATA), Delhi

Horrifying experience @ Vishvakarma Motors (authorized TATA), Delhi

My Car: Tata Indigo LS

Full Service and maintenance schedule: Raunaq Motors, Wazirpur, Delhi (Authorized TATA workshop)

Circumstances: Was experiencing certain sound from the car’s front at accelerating from the halt. Tried to give ‘Vishwakarma Motors, Shadipur, Delhi (Authorized TATA workshop)’ a shot for the same as it falls enroute to my office. Visited their workshop, where the SA (one Mr. Girish Verma) told me that some bushes needs to be changed and it’s a minor work. I dropped the car on an agreed day (i.e. on 29.11.11) and picked the same evening with an assurance that everything was taken of. I was shocked to see the exaggerated bill for these ‘petty’ things. For eg. If you see S.no. 14 in the attached bill (read as ‘Splash Guard Front Bumper Labor Charge’), it is charged @ Rs. 150/- (It does not take more than tightening 2 screws; involving less than 10 minutes). Anyhow, when I insisted that the labor charges were way too high, they gave a 10% off on the same. I paid the money and left the place.


Aftershock: The next morning, I experienced some additional noises (in addition to what I paid for rectifying) and problems in gearshift. I went back to them, took the SA for a test drive. He agreed to rectify and told me to return the same evening. I went there and picked the car, just to realize now that this time the bumper’s front grille was broken and the entire fault (as per their mechanic) was due to the same. (He told that it’s because of the grille that the noise is appearing to come from front, under the body). All of the guys there assured me that the car has been rectified and I just need to change the front grille. I took the delivery, so as to realize that the noise was STILL present, not to mention that one of the other two problems (i.e. Headlight adjustment) was not attended to at all, and the other (diesel leakage was only rectified in 2nd visit). This morning, I got hold of a local guy, removed the front bumper (i.e. with the grille), drove the! car and the noise was still present.

Current Situation: Furious, I called up the said SA this morning, who now told me that the entire suspension and shockers needs to be changed and it would cost me further Rs. 16000. When asked about the previous excuses, he told me that the car was damaged when I’d brought her in their garage. When I asked him as to why didn’t he tell me at that very time (when he inspected the car after putting her on the ‘bay’, he started giving vague replies.

I FEEL CHEATED. These guys ripped me off my hard earned Rs. 3000 and are now demanding 16000 more (just on no fault on my side). I ‘m of the firm opinion that they’ve changed the parts so as to extract money from me. My entire maintenance schedule can be digged out from Raunaq Motors, Wazirpur, New Delhi and that I’ve ALWAYS shown my car at an authorized TATA center.

I've written couple of emails.. please suggest what else could be done here! :Frustrati

Can I drag them to court??


Attachment 850674

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version  Name:	Tbhp.JPG Views:	N/A Size:	176.9 KB ID:	850674  

No comments:

Post a Comment